The Lovejoy High School Symphonic Band is conducted by Mr. King and Mr. Heuer, and is devoted to studying and performing a variety of band literature: orchestral transcriptions, basic band repertoire, multi-movement works and contemporary wind band compositions. Membership is based on a rigorous and comprehensive audition held each spring semester. LHS Band students who achieve the highest audition scores for their instrument, grades 9-12, are eligible for membership in an ensemble. Seating is based on audition scores. The course will offer weekly lessons provided by our private instructors. All members of the LHS Symphonic Band are asked to:
- Practice on a regular basis (Band Music, Scales & region etudes, etc.)
- Participate in private lessons.
- Learn your music!
- Prepare and perform a Solo & an Ensemble for Solo & Ensemble Contest.
- Serve as an example of musical excellence to others.
- Come to class with a good attitude each day.
- Have fun in band..... because it's fun!!!!